Gastonia Criminal Defense Attorney
I am Gastonia criminal defense attorney The Law Firm of Brent D. Ratchford, and for more than 25 years I have been fighting to defend the rights of people like you — good people who find themselves in bad situations. I have built a respected reputation for successfully defending my clients’ rights. My mission is to defend yours, too.
Born and raised in Gaston County, I am intimately familiar with all facets of the North Carolina criminal justice system. I have the knowledge and ability to clearly explain your options and fight for the best outcome possible under the facts of the case.
I handle cases in local, state and federal courts. Charges can range from misdemeanor offenses to serious felonies, including:
- Assault and other violent crimes such as murder and domestic violence
- Drug crimes such as possession or distribution
- DWI/drunk driving and traffic violations
- Sex crimes such as rape or prostitution
- Theft crimes such as shoplifting or robbery
- White collar crimes such as embezzlement and credit card fraud
I also assist clients with bond reductions, helping them seek reasonable amounts that they can actually pay. In addition, my law firm handles expungements so that past offenses no longer show up on background checks.
Going The Extra Mile For Your Freedom
I will do everything necessary to help you avoid a conviction, including:
- Review the arrest record to ensure your constitutional rights were protected
- Speaking with witnesses
- Reviewing police records
- Examining the scene of the alleged crime